Since it's all I can seem to think about, I've started compiling a mental list of things to do when we're down. Visits with friends and family are a must, but what else do I want to do with my time? Here's what I've got so far:
1) Retail therapy. Homesense, Dollarama, Joe Fresh, Anthropologie and god willing, Target. I want to go to Indigo, grab a Frapuccino and 50 pounds worth of decorating books and just sit for an hour with a friend.
2) Port Dover. Shirley Temples at Callahan's and a hot, sandy day at the beach. SPF 4 tanning oil and then a dose of Advil with a side of aloe. Celery bread at the Erie Beach Hotel.
3) Waterford Antique Market and the Black Bridge Trail. It's not as dangerous as it once was, but the kids will love it.
4) James St. Art Crawl. Though I fear that this is becoming a little too clique-ish, it's fun to run into familiar faces and get oh so yummy Salvadorian pupusas for a snack.
5) A picnic in the park. Let the kids play in the playground while the parents sneak sips of beer like it could have us arrested. Because this isn't Germany.
Any other suggestions? We're home for a month and I need to fill up on all that I've missed. Coincidentally, we'll mark our one year anniversary of moving to Germany while we're home. That's crazy I tell ya.