Three Cheese Tart with
Summer Vegetables & Rosé Sauce
You will need:
One package puff pastry
8 oz tomato/pizza sauce
8 oz creme fraiche (or 1/4 cup heavy cream)
1 ball of fresh mozzarella
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
3 cups sliced veggies -
I used zucchini, red pepper and sweet onion
2 T olive oil, for frying
2 T balsamic vinegar
1 tsp sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and bake your puff pastry for about 7 minutes, until just starting to brown. Remove from oven, and set aside. Maintain oven temperature.
- Start heating a shallow frying pan over med/high heat. Add your olive oil and sliced veggies and sautee for about 7 minutes, until tender. Add two tablespoons balsamic vinegar and one teaspoon sugar and give it all a stir.
- Meanwhile, place your pizza sauce in a medium bowl and add the creme fraiche. Stir until your sauce is pink.
- Prepare your cheeses and place in three separate bowls.
- Take your puff pastry and visualize where you want your crust to start. Spread your sauce to your imaginary line, add your veggie mix and top with your three cheeses.
- Add it back to the oven for 10-15 minutes, checking that the edges don't turn black. Remove, let stand for five minutes. Slice and serve.